Thursday, September 25, 2008

Sufya is 7

Today, my firstborn turns 7. Gee whiz.. where on earth has the time gone?

7 years ago today, I was in one of the labour rooms in UH PJ, giving birth to a 3.98kg baby after 14 hours of labour. Doctors had to resort to double instrumentation because of her size - vacuum and forceps, which resulted my post-partum haemorrhage to be close to a litre.

Sigh.. and that isn't even the bad news.

The sad news is my baby girl is growing up before my eyes and before u know it, will be leaving home to marry off the man of her dreams. Sob sob.. and as she turns 7 today, I'll be lucky if I have 20 more years with her as my baby.

Are all mothers like this on their daughter's birthdays?

3 comments:

  1. I hardly feel such way on their birthdays. Busy baking their bday cake puts aside the thought. But I did feel rather sentimental when they started year 1. It was kinda difficult for me to let go. Hmmm.. Klu ada anak laki tak tau lah... ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hmm....with anak lelaki pun the same feeling...when Danish went for his first day mengaji last year, I was nervous like anything..when he went to kindy this year, I was so sad and I cried....would it be the same with the other two or is it because he's the first, the feelings are heavier? i wonder...

    ReplyDelete
  3. dikny & ja
    so glad i'm not the only one..
    so this is how our parents feel... huhu

    ReplyDelete