Thursday, August 12, 2010

My love is like a red, red rose

I recently had this delivered for someone dear to me and realized I would have loved to receive surprise flowers on my own. I told my husband once before - way back when - that he needn't bother buying flowers for me, I find them too impractical; gorgeous, expensive.. but goes straight into the trash can the next day.

Damn that day! Hehe. True enough, till this day, not a single stalk has come my way. Why do men have to take everything so literally?

Anyway, that aside, I've realized a few things when it comes to flowers.

1. A bed of roses, long-stemmed, arranged in a box, is very, very elegant.
2. Roses must be red. They're majestic, royal and dripping with luxury. The other colours are just wannabe roses.. they just don't quite cut it. (Okay, maybe champagne white is a close second)
3. Never underestimate the power of what flowers can do to pick up your day. The cheer is almost instant.
4. And lastly,...


 this one will do, thank you very much ^_^

2 comments:

  1. know exactly what you mean.. cikly ni pun sama je!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. kan nina? sigh.. i don't think it's reversible pulak tu? sedih!

    ReplyDelete