Wednesday, March 24, 2010

My Mamivac Lactive

I've been wanting to introduce my pump to the world and today is as good a day as any! (^_^) With all the hype surrounding Medela's latest and super slim pump, the Freestyle (which I had initially wanted as well, huhu..) I found this pump - that was said to be just as good, if not better.

Medela Freestyle is one expensive pump, retailing at about RM1700 and this one, from Germany, is slightly less, for RM1300. Medela has one disadvantage that I don't like - the fact that milk (or drops of moisture from the milk) can get into the tubes and stay there. It's sounds pretty gross to me and so this pump came at a perfect time. It has a closed system, which in no way at all, milk can escape to the tubes.. which means, it's maintenance-free.

And after using it, I am a big fan. It's a perfect little pump, responsible for my generous output of milk. This has been my pump for the past 3 months. I bought it especially upon giving birth to my 3rd daughter. Here it is, with much pleasure..the one and only Mamivac Lactive.. taa daa...



I pump at my workstation.. at home! hehe.. so I double pump while working, handsfree.. tak terasa time flies and bottle dah penuh (^_^)



side view
the pump comes with this super cute red bag



small and compact, really sturdy design and amazing technology



a regular pumping session.. about 5.5oz.. not phenomenal, but not too shabby either (^_^)



the manual version - also equally good

FYI, this is my 5th pump and by far the best - my previous pumps were pureen electric (big mistake, total crap) avent isis, medela harmony (both good but i can't la, manual pumps, penat..) , medela mini electric (too noisy and single pump) and spectra 3 (a very good basic double pump too). I'm thinking of getting the Ameda Lactaline too for its battery operation-ness, for as wonderful as this Mamivac pump is, it needs electricity to run. That's the only drawback.

Getting a good breastpump is the make or break factor in making your breastfeeding journey works, seriously. Pay a little more for your pump but you will be rewarded with insyaallah, a more efficient way of removing milk from your breasts and generating more output, giving you satisfaction and that peace of mind we crave when feeding our little ones while we're at work.. good luck mums!

4 comments:

  1. ila,

    i've got to get some tips from you about fulltime exclusive breastfeeding soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dikny, are you expecting???? Woww, if yes, congrats!!! Sure, feel free to ask anything. I'm so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi, did u mean that this pump do not have battery options?
    How did you do handsfree pumping with this pump?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi ys.. nope it doesn't, only electric. i pump handsfree with a device from pumpinpal, you can google it, highly recommended :) Thanks for dropping by!

    ReplyDelete