Monday, May 4, 2009

Hye

I haven't written in a while.
Between my short holiday trips and reading for my research, not much has happened.

I must say this though, I'm getting bored with staying home.
Never thought I was the stay-at-home type and this has confirmed it.
As a good friend said, phD is one long, lonely journey.
Never thought I'd agree with her so soon.

And yet, I would hate going back to work either. Last I heard, things got crazier there.

And so, here I am, at home, in my tees and capris, trying to make sense of how I'm going to cope for the next 2.5 years. While catching up on my 1000 books & articles to read for research.

Sigh.. I feel sad and alone and bored.

Guess I'm not too cut out for this phd-business after all.

7 comments:

  1. Noooo! You're not too cut out for PHD?! Ilaaa... not again. Didn't you say the same thing when you were doing your masters? Then once done, you said, it's not that too bad, actually. Come on girl.. don't lose hope. 2.5 years bunyi memang mcm lama tp nanti sedar2 dah habis and by the way i dah tak sabar nak panggil u dr. nik ok.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks puteq.. I needed that. Once in a while, staying home buried in books can really get to you! Or was it the hormones talking? First-trimester can be really tough on anyone *hint* ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Omigosh! Congratulations dear! Alhamdulillah. How far are you now? How could you keep this as a secret. Wah dah nak jadi kakak dah si sarah. So happy for you! take care!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Alhamdulillah.. Only 2 months along and struggling like hell with morning sickness. It happened quiker than I thought and for that I'm very grateful. Just after about 4 months of stopping breastfeeding. But the nausea.. oh my.. taking it one step at a time..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey! An update!!! Wow... u've been bz girl! Congrats! ;-D

    Yup, I agree w Puteq. 2 & a half years is just a blink of the eyes. Your problem in this phd business is the boredom. Why 2.5 when you can excel in a year? Kan? Kan? (((hugs)))

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks amirah for those comforting words.. i just have one thing though, and please forgive me, but who are you......?
    Anyway, hugs to you tooo...(^_^)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ila,

    I'm sure that Amirah Wardah is Boza la....she accidentally used her daughter's account agaknyer..hihihi..

    Btw, congrats to you...ala, morning sickness tak lama..u'll be over it soon...inshaAllah...

    Yup, doing PHD is one long journey...that's why i haven't started mine yet..heheh...to get doing it in the first place is already a long journey, what more really getting into it kan? anyway, all the best to you and hang in there, ok...

    ReplyDelete