Friday, May 2, 2008

I'm a Breastfeeding Mom

I love this story on breastfeeding. And yes, I'm a fully breastfeeding mum to my 8 month old baby.

Elizabeth Hasselbeck: Pumping and returning to work

View co-host Elisabeth Hasselbeck, 30, and her husband, Arizona Cardinals player Tim Hasselbeck, welcomed son Taylor Thomas on November 9th 2007, joining big sister Grace Elisabeth, 2 ?.
In her latest blog for Dreft, Elisabeth fills us in on her love-hate relationship with pumping, explaining it's use to Grace and returning to work."I thought I was safe in my room with the door firmly shut. It was the last day of my first week back at 'The View.'
Truthfully, I was exhausted. It was 8 am. I had a little while before I had to be in the office. I took a moment, closed my eyes, and somehow fell asleep over the loud, obnoxious sound of the pump,'Mommy, what in the WORLD is THAT???'
Totally startled, I sat straight up, only to see the cute little expression on Grace's face after she posed the question. Too tired to make something up, I told her it was a pump.'Why is your body in there?' she pressed on, eyes closely examining the tube/funnel/bottle contraption. 'So that I can give Taylor my milk when I am at work.' 'Ohhhhhhhh... That's cool and funny.' (Yeah... my sentiments exactly...)
'Can I pump too???' 'One day, you can pump milk for your baby.And, in an oh so very 2 year old moment, she firmly stated: 'But I want to do it now!'
Since that day, Grace is unphased by the pump. I wish I were too. I mean, I am thankful to have a great one, and that there is a way to be at work and still nourish your child, and keep moms from becoming engorged to the point of high fever...but I still hate it. I do. I feel as if I have three kids: Grace, Taylor, and THE PUMP!"

No comments:

Post a Comment